Turkish Ground Mahlab (Mahlepi/Mahaleb) Powder | Basak Mahlep Tozu | 75gr
- Mahleb is made from the seeds of the wild cherry tree and used almost exclusively in sweets. Its flavor has notes of bitter almond and cherry.
- It is particularly popular in the Middle East and widely cultivated in Syria and Iran.
- In Greek cuisine, it’s used mainly in holiday breakfast bread and is thus considered an alternative to Chios mastic although the two spices are quite different in flavor.
- This spice should be used sparingly as its flavor is quite intense. Try with fresh or stewed fruit.
- Product Weight: 75gr
- Product Origin: Product of Turkey
In stock (can be backordered)