Backgammon | Mother of pearl inlaid | 1 set
- To add other Turkish souvenirs to your order, you can visit HERE.
- Please click HERE to see the rest of our very Turkish products in our sister store Turkishmart
- Backgammon is one of the oldest known board games. Its history can be traced back nearly 5,000 years to archaeological discoveries in Mesopotamia.It is a two-player game where each player has fifteen pieces (checkers or men) that move between twenty-four triangles (points) according to the roll of two dice. The objective of the game is to be first to bear off, i.e. move all fifteen checkers off the board.
- Backgammon is a member of the tables family, one of the oldest classes of board games.
- Backgammon involves a combination of strategy and luck (from rolling dice). While the dice may determine the outcome of a single game, the better player will accumulate the better record over a series of many games. With each roll of the dice, players must choose from numerous options for moving their checkers and anticipate possible counter-moves by the opponent. The optional use of a doubling cube allows players to raise the stakes during the game.