Wooden Spoon | Mother of Pearl Inlaid | 1
- To add other Turkish souvenirs to your order, you can visit HERE.
- Please click HERE to see the rest of our very Turkish products in our sister store Turkishmart
- Wooden spoons have a firm, strong handle that makes stirring easier and more effective–without the risk of breaking the handle. It also serves as a useful tool for scraping food from the pan’s sides and bottom. Metal spoons can become extremely hot when exposed to high temperatures.
- The inner layer of oyster and mussel shells is the Mother of Pearl. Each shell has a distinct color and texture, as well as a gleaming and iridescent finish, making it an excellent decorative material, particularly as an inlay in Walnut.
- Mother of pearl was prized by some cultures in previous centuries, sometimes even more than pearls themselves. Mother of pearl was used to embellish silver in ancient Egypt. During the Shang and Ming dynasties, the mother of pearl was also very popular in China. Finally, Native American tribes in the Americas traded mother of pearl on a regular basis and used it to make beads and jewelry.