Labneh cheese | Yogurt Cheese | 550g
- Please click HERE to see our Turkish food selection
- Visit our sister store Turkishmart HERE to see our entire Turkish cheese selection
- Buy Labneh Cheese online from our Turkish bakery Toronto
- A product of Turkey
- How to eat it?
- Simply mix in garlic, roasted red pepper, harissa, gochujang, or caramelized onions, then drizzle it all with olive oil. Spread it on a wrap or bread for a sandwich like you would mayo or goat cheese. It pairs well with just as creamy and spreadable
It is spread packed with protein and probiotics. Made by straining yogurt to remove excess water and whey, It has a slightly tangier taste than traditional cream cheese but is just as creamy and spreadable
- Just like Greek yogurt, If you think of Greek yogurt as strained yogurt, It is extra strained yogurt.
- 13 ways to eat yogurt cheese
- This thick and creamy spreadable “cheese” made by straining yogurt is a Lebanese staple. Consider it a milder version of cream cheese with more protein and fewer calories, fat, and sodium. Furthermore, labneh contains beneficial probiotics for your gut, and eating it twice a week may help reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Labneh is traditionally served as part of a mezza (or meze) spread that includes hummus, baba ghanoush, falafel, stuffed grape leaves, and plenty of pita. However, labneh can be eaten as a snack on its own or as part of a lighter main meal.
- When a recipe calls for cream cheese or sour cream, labneh is almost always an acceptable substitute. What’s the best part? This versatile cheese pairs well with a wide range of herbs and spices, allowing you to completely customize the flavor profile to match whatever you’re craving.