Delicious Tarhana Soup mix | Tarhana Corbasi | 4 people
Please click HERE to see the rest of our soup collection
Please click HERE to see the entirety of our soup collection in our sister store Turkishmart
Tarhana soup mix is dried food based on a fermented mixture of grain and yogurt or fermented milk, usually made into a thick soup with water, stock, or milk.
PAY ATTENTION WHEN COOKING
Make sure you add the soup mix in the cold water and stir a lot, with a ood spoon or even a whisker so it does not stick the bottom of your pot
If you do not stir it well from the start it might also clump, well stirring means few stirs every other 5 minutes while keeping the heat low
- It is found in the cuisines of Southeast Europe and the Middle East. Dry tarhana has a texture of coarse, uneven crumbs, and it is usually made into a thick soup with water, stock, or milk. As it is both acidic and low in moisture, the milk proteins keep for long periods.
- Tarhana is very similar to some kinds of kashk.
In different nations
- The Armenian tarkhana is made up of matzoon and eggs mixed with equal amounts of wheat flour and starch. Small pieces of dough are prepared and dried and then kept in glass containers and used mostly in soups, dissolving in hot liquids.
- The Greek trahanas contains only cracked wheat or a couscous-like paste and fermented milk.
- The Turkish tarhana consists of cracked wheat (or flour), yoghurt, and vegetables, fermented and then dried.
- In Cyprus, it is considered a national specialty, and is often served with pieces of halloumi cheese in it. In Albania it is prepared with wheat, yoghurt and butter, and served with hot olive oil and feta cheese.
There are no reviews yet.