Simit | Turkish bagel | 4pcs
- Please click HERE to add other Turkish sweets to your order
- Click HERE to see the rest of our sweets and crackers selection in our sister store Turkishmart
- Simit, the iconic street food of Turkey, is a sesame-encrusted bread ring, dating back to the Ottoman Empire since the 1500s. It is also known as a “Turkish bagel”.
- They are typically served plain or with tea, fruit preserves, cheese, or eggs for breakfast.
- It’s common to tear off pieces and dip them in cream cheese, and a cream cheese triangle
- It is customary to drink tea with Turkish Bagel
- This delicious fluffy bread has a slight sweetness as they are coated in grape molasses to add taste and color.